The Local 78 Joint Apprenticeship Committee will conduct an area-wide public recruitment for 20 Skilled Construction Craft Laborer Apprentices.
Applications will be available from March 1, 2022 through March 15, 2022 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at:
Local 78 JATC
11-17 43rd Avenue
Long Island City, NY 11101
Applications must be returned to the same office during the above business hours until 3:00 p.m. on March 25, 2022. All applications must be obtained and submitted by the applicant in person. The applications will be available until March 15, 2022 or until all applications have been distributed, whichever happens first. Only 200 applications will be distributed, on a first-come basis.
Applicants must be:
- at least 18 years old;
- able to pass the New York State and New York City Asbestos Handler test;
- a resident of one of the 5 boroughs of New York City or Long Island; and
- able to provide military transfer card or discharge CC-214, if applicable.
Applicants should note:
- the minimum education requirement is completion of the 8th grade or higher; however, a higher level of education will increase the applicant’s score and placement on the rank list.
- proof of education, if any, must be submitted at the time of the interview to be considered.
- Upon acceptance into the program, applicants must be able to:
- lift and carry an aggregated weight of 94 pounds for 30 feet;;
- restock to a height of approximately 54 inches off the ground;
- load ½ c/yards of material with a shovel into a wheelbarrow, wheeling it 30 feet and deposit into a container; and
- work at heights of 50 feet or greater, in confined spaces and in extreme temperatures.
- Personal Protective Equipment must be worn at all times.
For further information, applicants should contact the Local 78 JATC at (212) 227-4803.